Which tank to buy (standard lights enough)

snickers104

I was looking into starting a Nano tank. I have had a 55gal fish only tank a few years back and know some of the ins and outs of saltwater, but I know nothing about these Nano tanks. Which tank setup is best right out of the box as far as filtrationskimming, lighting and cooling? Dont know if I should look for a 12gal or bigger up to a 26gal? Dont want anything bigger than about a 26gal (no space). If I purchase a 12 gal tank what are stocking limits, cleanup crew recommendations, flow recommendations? Guess I am asking for a little insight into Nano tanks. Thanks in advance for the suggestions and help.

hondo

Best to go with the biggest tank you can afford/support that you have room for. Only you can determine what that is.
The all in one units out now are all pretty good. I recently purchased a JBJ 28HQI and love it. Others prefer the Biocube line or the aquapod or other brands. I chose the JBJ for the lighting system as HQI allows me to keep anything (corals, clams) I want. You say standard lighting is fine but honestly eventually everyone who starts out thinking this will want the HQI, better to pay for it the first time rather than pay for something else then pay to upgrade later.
Skimmer that comes with the JBJ model kind of sucks and many on this board will tell you to convert the back chambers on whatever you buy into a fuge and go skimmerless. Some will even say just do frequent water changes and you don't need either a skimmer or a fuge. All are right as in this hobby there are many ways to achieve what you want.
Filtration is something best completed by lot's of LR and Sand and what ever model tank you buy plan on buying some type of powerhead for additional flow. Personally I bought a Korilla 1 for my 28.
Cooling is a big issue as most people are reporting problems with heat building up especially in tanks with HQI lighting. Personally I have not experienced this but I also keep my house pretty cool at 72-73.
Good luck

snickers104

Thanks for the info, I have read about changing the back into a fuge which I will probably do, and dont know about lighting yet, but leaning to just keeping the compact fluourescent lights--dont think I want any hard coral but who knows--anyway I guess what I really want to know is are any of the kits better than another one?

hondo

seems to be personal opinion as to which is better as haven't heard anything terrible about any of them. I went with the JBJ for the lighting and at the time it was JBJ 28HQI and stand for $499.00 so that was hard to pass up.