Which trigger

prohopper

I am trying to decide what trigger to get, A Blue Lined or an Undulated. I am looking to only have that one fish in the tank and was just wondering what you guys recommend I get. I am looking for something that is extremely mean. Everyone I talk to says to get an Undulated trigger but I have never seen one except for the picture on the one on this site. On the toher hand I have owned a Blue lined which unfortunally died and I got to say that it is a really nice lookin fish. But as far as agressivness goes, how agressive do blue lines get?

liontamer

Wat sized tank do u want it in? Also, i must say, titan triggers the most aggressive, and if you have the right system to hold a 5 pound fish, i would get that. If could rip the other fish u mentioned into tiny pieces.Clown triggers are pretty mean and blue lines...i dunno about that. Never heard of em actually. Wat size tank do u have anyway?

Hmm I personally like the undulateds. they have alot of color and are always poking around in a tank. Blue lines are good looking as well. The undulated will be more aggressive and you would have to watch what you put with them. Blues are more peaceful and you could possibly add another fish.
Titan triggers .... you better get a 200 gallon or bigger, these guys get huge and they are very aggressive. A titan would reduce your rock to gravel in a very short time. In aussie. they actully have warnings about getting to close to one, they are known for biting people. Here is a pic of a titans teeth, and why you would not want to get nipped by one ... OUCH !!

liontamer

For a trigger I would plan on getting a 125 gallon or larger if you want to see it in its full potential...

Not sure if you remember grouperhead, he used to be the aggressive moderator, but I believe he had a 55g with some LR, a good skimmer and an undulated. To me that seems like an ideal setup. Undulates are awesome. I had one once, and when I put a feeder fish in there nearly 2x the size of the undulate he bit its eyes and tail off and hovered over it until it died. It was amazing. Id say go for the undulated.

prohopper

damn those titans are pretty sick but i dont think i am going to get one because of the extremely large tank i would need. I think I am going to go with an undulated all i need now is a new tank.
ANd if anyone else has any stories about undulated triggers please share

prohopper

lion tamer what do you mean a 125 or larger to see it in its full potentiol. I am not arguing with you i just would like to understand better. Keep in mind that this is the only fish i am planning on having in the tank

I had an undulated for about 8 months in a 75 with an orange toad fish. "Bob" (aka the undulated, would sit between two of the powerheads and just bob up and down. hence the name. ) Lots of good color and was always poking around. Never fed live I prefer prepared food for the fish. Though bob ate the power head off the skimmer one day ... to say the least he killed it GOOD :D
-Brian

prohopper

Originally posted by Snakes'n'fish
I had an undulated for about 8 months in a 75 with an orange toad fish. "Bob" (aka the undulated, would sit between two of the powerheads and just bob up and down. hence the name. ) Lots of good color and was always poking around. Never fed live I prefer prepared food for the fish. Though bob ate the power head off the skimmer one day ... to say the least he killed it GOOD :D
-Brian

What is a toad fish? I have never heard of them before

nickfish

I saw an undulate at my LFS one time and that thing attacked the overflow that was on that tank! I would hate to run into a titan trigger.

whitey

Undulateds are MEAN. Very territorial and nip a lot. I'd add him last if you have to have one, but in a 29 he might want to own the whole tank.
JMO