Which Triggers work well with Lions?

triton

Does anyone know which triggers have the best success with Lions?
Blue Throat
Ni gger
Anything else?

R

rcreations

If I had to pick one, I'd pick the more peaceful triggers: sargassum, blue throat, crosshatch.

hlcroghan

I want to clarify your question in stating that nigers would work well with lions. I think that may be true when they are small but large ones are very aggressive and I think that may be a bad idea.

R

rcreations

That's a queen though, the meanest trigger around. Heck, I wouldn't put any fish at all with a queen.

srfisher17

There of lots of exceptions to everything in the lion & trigger dept. If I had to do it; I agree with RCreations quote "If I had to pick one, I'd pick the more peaceful triggers: sargassum, blue throat, crosshatch." I'd never trust a Niger and I have had a Crosshatch shred a large Volitan. ANY trigger is fully capable of going after a Lion's fins at any time.

R

rcreations

Also, haven't done it myself but I know someone who has a 6" pinktail trigger with a Volitan in a larger 200+ tank. I think he's had them for a few years without any problems. But individual fish are different so whatever you pick, keep an eye on them and be ready to take one out at the first sign of trouble.

small triggers

unfortuently, filefish have a short lifespan in captivity. A few people do great with them,, no one i know though.. What about a hamlet or a sohal tang?