White dots found on glass

nsajd

Just came back from year long deployment and found white dots on the glass of my tank. upon close inspection they appear to have small bristles on them and appear to have a swirled shape of a snail's shell....any thoughts? as soon as my camera comes back in the mail, I will take pics...they can be scraped off, but require a hard plastic scraper.

nsajd

It's hard to say. the camera I borrowed from my neighbor 2 minutes ago cannot take pics that well. these things are less than 1 millimeter in diameter.

spanko

The picture I posted is blown up considerably. The have feathers that come out of the end to feed in the flow.
Here is another picture.

Got a magnifying glass? If not it is a great tool for viewing strange and wonderful reef creatures.

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3010716
The picture I posted is blown up considerably. The have feathers that come out of the end to feed in the flow.
Here is another picture.

Got a magnifying glass? If not it is a great tool for viewing strange and wonderful reef creatures.
Yea thats what mine look like but they are really really small
Could those white spots be dead coraline algae?

spanko

Hard to tell from the pic but almost looks like it could be coralline algae. Is it hard and flat? Hard to scrape off the glass?