White Film on my Percula

aiber

This morning I noticed like a white film on one of my Perculas. Does anyone know what this is?
Thanks

O

ogdog30

how long has your tank been running?:notsure: Could be mucus? Prozoan?:notsure:
Cant help ya' here.:nope: But maybe if i had more info:thinking:

aiber

What info do you need?
My tank has been running for about a month and is completely cycled.
If you need more info. please let me know. Any advice would help..

yellowtail

my perc had that and soon died after words. do you have a qt (quarentine tank for sick fish)if so then put him in. are there any other fish in there?

aiber

You guys are right on the money....My perc died... I have one more perc that is breathing heavy....I analyzed the dead perc and notice many little bugs and a part on the body was eaten? Are these parasites? Are they always going to harm my fish? What can I do to eiliminate?
Thanks

viet-tin

wat do these lil bugs look like? they mite jus be copepods eatin the dead carcass.dun worry bout them theyre harmless n beneficial.im thinkin that white film may have been a fungal infection caused by poor water quality. try run a test on ur water. make sure ammonia, nitrates n nitrites r at 0.n if u have Lr it may take longer than a month 4 ur tank 2 be fully cycled. Jus make sure u have a good skimmer n all ur levels r stabilized.

aiber

The "bugs" were very small.....I don't think they were pods...
My water quality is good. I added about 90 #'s of rock two weeks ago. I cured the rock myself. I test the water routinely and have 0 amm...0 nitrites, 20 nitrates...I am dripping kalk also. I have a skimmer...I do water changes ....
I have one perc remaining and it does NOT have the white film but it seems to be breathing heavy and doesn't eat. I tried to feed it brine yesterday and he ignored it...
Thanks

aiber

I just returned from my LFS and they tested my water...The water is perfect, including salinity (26).

viet-tin

ur nitrates semm pretty high...n shouldnt feed nethin brine. they have no nutritional value. Try frozen foods like formula 1 or 2 mixed wit sum garlic supliments.

tsname

Although I have no idea what the disease is, brine shrimp is has no nutritional value. Instead, try mysis shrimp, it's much better.