white film what is it

tiffbritty

i have small white film spots the size peas, some a little larger on my live rock. anyone know what this is? is it bad? about 6 or so spots. its on different pieces of live,not just one. any help would be great. thanks

tiffbritty

i looked more closely at this white film .the white film seems to have a tiny hole in the middle of it ,i don't know if this will help identify this for me. ? also see that a small peice of my live rock has white spots that look like small pieces of cc but it not .can live rock get ick fish are fine

It might be cc. Do you know if you have "Spaghetti Worms". They will pull little peices of cc from your bed to make thier homes. If everything else is ok, then I would leave it. It's just another wonder of this hobby. If you could post a picture, maybe we could help a little more.

H

here fishy

I have those too. They grew almost like little arms. A friend in the biz said they might be some sort of sea squirt. They don't bother the tank so I let it go....

cathys

I HAVE THOSE TO THE LFS SAID THERE GOOD I FORGOT WHAT SHE CALLED THEM BUT SHE SAID NO WORRIES MATE THERE GOOD. SHES FROM THE LAND DOWN UNDER & KNOWS HER STUFF I TRUST HER SHE HASN'T STEERED ME WRONG YET. HOW LONG HAS YOUR TANK BEEN SET UP ABOUT 3-5 MONTHS? :p :rolleyes: