White Fish???

kevin34

Is there a reef safe white fish out there? I really like the look of the copperband butterfly and fish like that but they arnt reef safe. Is there a white tang?

kjr_trig

Convict is whitish/silverish with dark stripes...Tennenti Tang is whitish/tealish, they would be the closest to white.

kevin34

I have a 125. I have looked into a convict tang before and do kinda like them. Would one get along with a powder brown and be comfortable in a 125?

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Kevin34
I have a 125. I have looked into a convict tang before and do kinda like them. Would one get along with a powder brown and be comfortable in a 125?
hmmm, thats borderline, convicts school together in large groups in the wild, Powder Blue and Brown tend to be more territorial. I would like the combination better if the Convict were the first in the tank, i'm curious to hear other opinions on that though.

rara12

I think a jackknife fish would be cool. Coral safe but will eat small shrimp. Very cool and black and WHITE

J

jesses89

How about a Lamarcks Angelfish?
mostly white with some stripes going across its body and a lot of dots at its tail looks really cool.
and is totally reef safe... as its a planktivore.

dogstar

Not many besides whats been mentioned that are solid or mostly white, a few Triggers ( safe ?? ) and some Sleeper gobies are all I can think of.

aquaknight

Multicolor pygmy angel? Each fish has varying amounts of white too them, I've seen some with a lot more white then the one here at swf.com. Plus they're smaller, but pretty pricey ...

kevin34

I am set on getting a powder brown tang but will that be ok with a convict tang? Also can anyone give me some info on a harlequin tusk?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Kevin34
I am set on getting a powder brown tang but will that be ok with a convict tang? Also can anyone give me some info on a harlequin tusk?
Re:harlequin tusk. Why not start a thread with this question? You should get lots of response. I guess they're my favorite fish, eat anything meaty,love to eat inverts, tons of personality (usually), ignore almost all other fish, need space, they're a bulky fish for a wrasse. I'd try to get an Australian, rather than the Indian Ocean variety; The Aussie is far more colorful and IMO (because of the way they're handled) more hardy.(and more$) My avitar looks exactly like one of mine. He comes to the surface at feeding time and sticks his blue teeth against the eggcrate. (Let's keep all this to ourselves, we don't want to drive up the price any higher than it is) An albino Harlequin would be white; just trying to stick with the OP.

kevin34

I guess they would be out of the question because I plan on having a lot of inverts.lol Anyone know about the compatability of a convict tang and a powder brown?