white patch on perc clown

wla1610

I just got home from vacation to a lot of green algae and my biggest perc has a white patch towards his tail fin. Any idea what the white patch is?

reefnut

I can't really tell from the picture but if the white line is what you are referring to, I'd say it's a scratch. What does it look like??

wla1610

I'll look in the morning. The moon lights are on now so I don't want to disturb the fish. It seemed like it was a bit raised along the white line. He seems to have a small spot just above the fin on his side. You can sorta see it on the picture. Its on the black area just left of the first white stripe. It seems raised and it seems too big to be ick. There have been no signs of ick in the tank either.

reefnut

Yea I see it. I have seen my fish get scratches before but they seem to heal pretty quick. Post again tomorrow and let us know how he's doing. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about!!

wla1610

It doesn't seem like it has gone away at all. It isn't raised like I had thought though. It just seems like the scales in that area are white. It doesn't look slimey either. I don't know what in the heck it is but I'n going to be using more garlic and hope it goes away.