white patches and white eyes?

makairadiver

I had what seemed a very healthy fish and invertebrate tank and suddenly this white ,slimy looking patches appear on all my fish and they are no longer alive. At the same time they had ick and I was treating my tank with GREENEX, because of my anemones. The water seems to be perfect as far as organics and my salinity is about 1.021. I will appreciate any advice on my case because I'm considering taking the invertebrates out and treating the tank with copper.

babyfish

If your fish had ick then the best treatment for them is to do a freshwater dip for 3 min. and then transfer them to a hospital tank where you can begin treatment with hyposalinity. This is a much better way to go rather than using harsh chemicals like copper which is another option. Alot of times with ick your fish will come down with a secondary bacterial infection in which case you need to treat them with antibiotics. This is probably what happened in your case. For future refrence, if you have live rock, corals, and inverts, I would go buy a seperate tank and set it up as a hospital tank. Also, ick will die off after a month if it dosen't have a ( fish ) host. I would suggest not putting anymore fish in there for a full month just to insure the health of your new fish. Brooke