white spots at night

mainejo1

Ever since I added more live rock and a manderin goby, I have noticed small white dots on my glass. There was another post about this, and a suggestion was that the dots could be spirobids (sp?). For the past week or so the same spots seem to show up on my coral beauty and manderin goby, but only at night. The first night I saw them, I was sure I had Ich, and was ready to set up my QT. The next morning they were gone. This has happened every night since. Everyone is doing great, levels fine, etc. Any answers to this interesting phenomena? THANKS!!

kris

When you say they show up at night , do you mean when the lights in the tank are off, or actually night time reagardless of light??

mainejo1

Originally posted by Kris:
When you say they show up at night , do you mean when the lights in the tank are off, or actually night time reagardless of light??

They show up in the evening around 8pm, with the lights on. Thanks for trying to help me figure this out!

S

sshorem

Do you have any shrimp in the tank ? I too thought a had an ich problem, or some kind of disease. As it turned out, my peppermint shrimp had given birth. At close examination, the white spots on the tank glass were brand new baby shrimp. This is a good thing, free live food !!!

Mike

mainejo1

Mike, I do have a cleaner shrimp who molted twice in three weeks. Maybe she did have babies. If that is the case, I wonder if any of them will survive? That would be fun! Thanks for your input.