White spots on glass?

aries7

Read something about this some time ago on here but can't remember what it was now and that's these little calcium like spots or deposits being left on my glass, you have to scrape to get them off they are stuck pretty good! Is something leaving them or are they living critters of some kind?

jimi

They are most likely tube worms. I have them all over my sump. Look real close or with a magnifying glass and you will see the round or spiral shape of the tube. They are harmless.

Yes I have these as well and they do spiral outwards, like the yellow brick road and they never move. I didn't think they were actually an organism since they don't move, but you think that they could possibly be tubeworms?
~~Megan

jimi

I could nt say without actually seeing them but from what you describe they are. They cant really move other then coming out or retracting in or out of their hard tube which is stuck to wherever they build it.

aries7

Your right , I got a magnifing glass and sure enough, little spiral tubes! You say they are harmless? Where do they come from?