White Spotted Bamboo Shark

M

maddest

I just bought this kind of shark, can anyone tell me about them. I have percula clowns, yellow tang, blue tang, chromis, damsels, sea star, brittle star, eel goby. Tell me anythign about them please.

redman1221

Originally Posted by MaDdEsT
http:///forum/post/2737182
I just bought this kind of shark, can anyone tell me about them. I have percula clowns, yellow tang, blue tang, chromis, damsels, sea star, brittle star, eel goby. Tell me anythign about them please.
What do you want to know about them and what size tank do you have him or her in, they do grow fast.

http:///forum/post/2737182
Sounds like you should of did some reasearch before you bought it.. If your profile is correct a 120 with all that stuff is to small for it. You need a big tank for sharks and fish that wont pick on them. I would take it back if you have it in that 120.

M

maddest

Yes it is in the 120 gallon, where i bought it they had it on a 30 gallon tank for 3 weeks.

http:///forum/post/2737286
Yes it is in the 120 gallon, where i bought it they had it on a 30 gallon tank for 3 weeks.
That does not make it right. I mean a 120 is bigger but it has other stuff in it.. You need large tanks for sharks. Like 600gal. Or a huge footprint but when you increase the foot print it makes the gal bigger. Like I said if the shark was in the 120 alone that would be some what different but still not good. Just because it was in a 30g for 3 weeks does not mean that any tang bigger is a good home for it. I have been looking in to getting a shark but if I do I am buying a 1000 gal+ trough for it so it has a good amt of room for it. I would seriously consider getting another tank for it soon or I would find it a new home. Its gonna get big and it gonna cause probs for you. I mean I have seen sharks in 120s b4 but they were alone and I dont think it was goof for it. They need lots of room. I would atleast have a 2-3' footprint and 6-8' long tank for it but thats still kinda small.. A large trough is the best and cheapest way.

yerboy

The whitespotted bambooshark, Chiloscyllium plagiosum grows to a length of approx 37 inches " over 3 feet " and should not be kept in a aquarium that small. If you shark is currently small 10-14 inches you have some time to find it a new home but i would do it soon.

ozymandias

I have a one week old Jennet. She's about 14 inches tall. She has access to 5 acres because she needs room to run and play to develop properly both mentally and physically. Could she be kept in a 3'x3' box...of course...but how dreadfully inhumane you'd have to be to do that. Why does she get better treatment than a shark...they are both as magnificent and both deserve a chance at a happy life?
edited to say...your shark will be larger, fully grown, at 37 inches than my miniature jennet at 28 inches will ever be.