White "stuff" on glass

teeithigh16

hello-
what are the white little "things" that grow on the inside glass of my tank? look like litte white heads... i know, gross description, but that is what they look like. I scrape them off when I clean my tank, but they always come back...

teeithigh16

Originally Posted by teeithigh16
hello-
what are the white little "things" that grow on the inside glass of my tank? look like litte white heads... i know, gross description, but that is what they look like. I scrape them off when I clean my tank, but they always come back...

should I NOT scrape them off? my tank has acutally been up and running for almost 9 months.. just never thought to ask what they were.

craig7220

I have a bunch of those.. Called forams. little protozoan that secretes a calcium shell.. I only scrape them off the front of the DT. They look like little white dots on the glass.. I have them also on the powerheads and rock.. They are harmless

teeithigh16

Originally Posted by craig7220
I have a bunch of those.. Called forams. little protozoan that secretes a calcium shell.. I only scrape them off the front of the DT. They look like little white dots on the glass.. I have them also on the powerheads and rock.. They are harmless

thanks craig!