White Worms On The Glass

prowake

I HAVE THIS WIERD GROW ON MY GLASS I WAS WONDER WHAT YOU MIGHT THINK IT IS. IT IS A LITTLE WHITE OR CLEAR SLUG SHAPE THAT IS ONLY OBVIOUS TO THE EYE, IT IS LESS THAN A MILAMETER . IN THE CURRENT OF MY TANK YOU CAN SEE THIS GROWTH WAIVE BACK AND FORTH BUT DOES NOT MOVE. WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS AND HOW MIGHT I FIX IT?

T

tizzo

I think that pic is a really good one, it makes it appear larger than it really is. They are pretty small. Since they are harmless, I would consider them to be part of your clean up crew.:)
If you see any brown or red ones, then you have problems. But the white ones are harmless.
HTH

unleashed

looks like a copod they are harmless but can be unsightly to the eye.the main known cause i have read is uneaten waste in your tank every tank has copods but normaly not seen by hobbiest until the waste count has risen.feed you fish smaller amounts for less waste .just pluck it off and toss it it will multiply if left alone

prowake

NOW THESE WHITE WORMS ARE BECOMING BRIGHTER AND MOVING. DO YOU THINK THIS IS ICH OR IS ICH JUST A BACTERIA THAT CANT MOVE.

bolt696

I too have recently notices these worm like things growing in the grave, and now starting to pop out. I have never see it move. I see a few of them??? Have no idea what it is. They are brown. I have a bic...

guineawhop

if these tiny little worm like things are all over the glass....i know exactly what they are but i don't know the name for it....i wanna say sea lice or something like that. these guys come in at my work on the fish all the time...they are harmless...they are just more annoying more than anything....fish will pick them off of the glass or should anyways...they will not last for long especially if you scrub the glass with an algae scraper