who can I.D. this fish I caught...

kingtriton

I recently went snorkeling along some jetties and caught this fish. I'm assuming he is a goby of some sort and is doing very well in the tank. He is very peaceful and has a really good personality. When I first put him in the tank he seemed a bit drab as far as his coloration goes (a grey motled coloration) but a few seconds later when he got on the white sand he started changing colors at will blending into the substrate around him. He will change almost exactly the color of the sand and then he gets on the rocks and changes from a light grey to a dark grey. He will even through in a splash of green if he is on a rock that has some algae on it. I've been looking to find out what kind of fish he is but to no avail, if anyone has a clue..I would be really interested.

Oh and also theres a couple pics of my PS, the ruler of my tank lol

ginnboy

I had five of them in my 180 they are safe with coral but watch out with shrimp. I got a fire shrimp and he got killed in bout 10 sec. they are fine when small but get mean with size.I have three left to get out if can catch them

kingtriton

Originally Posted by ginnboy
http:///forum/post/3050637
I had five of them in my 180 they are safe with coral but watch out with shrimp. I got a fire shrimp and he got killed in bout 10 sec. they are fine when small but get mean with size.I have three left to get out if can catch them
thanks for the heads up, I cant keep any other shrimp nyways lol...my PS kills them...he's ok with the fish but any shrimps he will kill...my PS is about 3.5 inches and this fish in the pic is about the same size and have not seen him mess with the PS...have any clue on what kind of fish this is?

ginnboy

it's a type of gobie but cant remember the name.the three I have left are bout 4 in long and I've had them bout a year and half so not gettin bigger now