who can tell me about sun coral orange

J

jesses89

dont need light, need to be fed daily.micro plankton/phytoplankton... very pretty when they come out(mostly when the lights are off)

T

tizzo

They are a pain. Very high maintainance. I would remove mine every night, put it in a bowl of tank water and feed each polyp cyclop eeze via a medicin syringe. After some time to take the food in, I would then return it to the tank. They are very pretty corals, but I gave mine away.
They don't "need" light, but putting them in the light will not hurt them. They are nocturnal, like most corals. If you feed them each "day", you can "teach" them to extend their polyps during the day time. I personally, was unsuccessful at this because I didn't remember or have time to feed every single day, but I have a friend who swears he did it.

reefforbrains

Have had on for a while now, speads like plague.I keep mine in rockwork out of light with my carnations. Doesnt seem to care for any but Cyclops. LOVES it and i neverspot feed.

puffer32

Mine is not shaded, its not under direct MH lighting, and its doing fine. I feed alot of cyclopeeze, rotifers, DT etc to my anthias, and the sun coral eats it to.

Have one with way to many heads,I spot feed mine 2-3 times a week with cyclops and mysis,there are pigs.I hear you can train them to come out when the lights are on.So far,unsuccessful,I think they have me trained.

sng

Sun Corals are not that hard to raise, just have to feed it a lot

I feed mine a mix of Frozen Rotifers and Brine Shrimp, every other day.

rykna

Originally Posted by sng
Sun Corals are not that hard to raise, just have to feed it a lot

I feed mine a mix of Frozen Rotifers and Brine Shrimp, every other day.
Yeppers, I feed mine aprox. half cube of brine shrimp every day when I had my reef tank set up.