Who cleans your back glass?

neowind

I have heard some people clean their back glass and some people don't. Well I have green neon algae growing on mine and I heard its bad to clean the back glass from multiple people. So is there any logic behind not cleaning your back glass or for the people who clean it hows that working out for ya.

I clean mine with no ill effects. I don't have snails though. A lot of people who advocate leaving the algae there do so for the benefit of their snail population.

Originally posted by ReefSOE
The only glass i CAN clean is the front... The sides and back are covered in coralline

using a magnet to scrape over that coralline is a great way to help it spread!

kzlen

I just clean the front, I leave the rest for my turbo snails to snack on. They also knock the coraline off in spots, helping it spread.

jhueb12

I keep the algea along the all sides in check, only due to the fact there are no snails to do it for me!

a9chooch

i only clean my front and sides.my pal does the back for me.he is a redlip blenny,hes so awsome i love to watch him.
:happy: :happyfish

neowind

Coralline never starts as green then turns to purple does it? I have coralline on my rocks and stuff but my glass has started to get some splotches of neon green on them and when i tried to mag float them off it was pinkish underneath the green. Anyone know if its possible its coralline or is it sometype of algea?

clarkiiboi

Coraline is an algea, but a wanted one. I have seen pics here with light green/florecent (sp) spots of coraline starting on their glass, so it is a possiblity. I leave my back glass alone, its just too much of a hassle anymore with all the LR and the PH's. I gave up after about the 5th month, I havent cleaned it for over 1 1/2 years. I dont have much ugly algea growing on it so its not too noticable at all. HTH