Who has a Harlequin Shrimp?

templar

Obviously harlequin shrimp eat starfish, but what I want to know is how OFTEN they need to eat them? On this same note, if I were to feed my harlequins CC stars, would the CC star have a chance to be destructive to my reef during that time period? or do the Harlequins immobolize them?
Also my cinnamon clown is currently in love with my open brain coral and ignores my green bubble tip anemone(go figure). This clown was one of the oldest fish in my tank, would it be possible to add a second cinnamon clown at this point as he is semi-aggressive to new fish, especially if they enter his territory.

dshurett

I have a Harlequin shrimp. I have only had it for about 2 weeks. The books i have suggest feeding it one starfish every month. Once the harlequin gets the starfish it immobilizes it. However, depending on how hungry it is...it may not go after it right away.
Interesting story...Green brittle starfish 12" or better from tip to tip vs a 1" harlequin shrimp...interesting matchup huh....the green star was lifeless in the tank the next morning...
Harlequin 1, starfish 0