Who has fish tank in the bedroom?

demartini

I have my little 14 gallon right next to my bed. I love watching it before I go to sleep...The water trickle sound is really soothing.... my tank doesn't smell at all!

kayak385

I have my 75 gallon in my bedroom. I lofted my bed, 5ft up, and when i sleep on one side i can just look down at the tank and watch them swim around. I don't have a smell to my tank. If i leave some cloth that i used to clean the glass or something then a smell does start, but the tank itself doesn't smell. I have a 75 gallon tank with a sump and skimmer. My sump contains chaeto and mangroves and my tank contains a couple mangroves and lr with not much top water agetation(sp). The sump had a odor to it for a bit, but for some reason it is gone.

royal gang

Originally Posted by Nick76
I have a 55g in my room and a 15g, No smell noticed so far after 5 months. I sleep with earplugs lol.

uhh... earplugs? it wasnt necesarry, but very funny

stickman

did you just add some uncured rock?? that might make it stink a bit. mines is in my room as well but no smell. very soothing!

barchtruong

It may be the rocks.
The tank is completed cycled,
but the the rocks are still fresh ( I cured them right in the tank)
So, hopefully, the smell will be gone some time very soon.
It's good to know there are quite a few people really have their fish tanks in the bedroom. I always thought I was too wild to put a fish tank in my bedroom.

petieaztec

I wish i still had it in my bed room i selpt like a rock when it was close by. But the bad part is when somthing sounded wrong I couldnt sleep so i would have to fix it.

cjason3041

if it smells then you have dead bio in the tank, or it has not cycled...or it could be simply the saltwater /fish smell is new to you???? bangguy???

petieaztec

do you clean your filter regularly? do you dump out the protien skimmer like every other day? I hate fishy smells and mine doesnt smell. i say clean your filter, thats what i do when mine starts to smell.

rbrockm1

girlfriend doesn't want one because of the lunar lights. she has to sleep in complete darkness. Its probably because i am ugly.

kayak385

rbrockm1... put the blanket over her head... lol, or a pillow if she won't quit complaining. I was too excited when i first installed my tank in my room and i would just stare at it for hours instead of going to bed. Then i switched which side of the bed i sleep on and now its just relaxing

bawood

I have a 25 gallon in my room, i've never had a smell. The noise is a little obnoxious, but it's pretty quiet now that I have it all dialed in right. I probably wouldn't do it again though.

nightstalk

I have a 135 and a 15 gal. qt both in my room. im 16 so my parents said if you want it, the only place its going is your room, but im fine with that. its not set up yet though, im just waiting for the salt mix to come via ups then i can get going. the suspense is killing me.

bill109

Originally Posted by nightstalk
I have a 135 and a 15 gal. qt both in my room. im 16 so my parents said if you want it, the only place its going is your room, but im fine with that. its not set up yet though, im just waiting for the salt mix to come via ups then i can get going. the suspense is killing me.
im 16 and i hve a 90 and a 30 gal salt as ell as a 20 gal fresh in my room
the 30 is downstirs and the 90 is across the room. the 30 is going to be the 90 soon so one tank and let me tell you for me setting up tht 90 is a killer
im so short on money right nowo tis crazy!
i gyess the problem to start with is tht the 30 is only a half a year old!!!! and i wanted a new tank(new/big tank syndrom.. :cheer: :hilarious )

reefkprz

I have a 55 and a 75 in my room both with overflows see. I'm so used to the noise they make I would probably have a hard time sleeping without them.
(just as a note the stuffed animals are my girlfriends not mine)

barchtruong

Godly, 1 tank is driving me nuts.
You have 2 tanks in the bedroom huh.....
well, you are quite good.
And you have dog (seems like), and a cat.
What else do you have, ReefkprZ?? (of course beside the gf...that can be up-keep, also)
Do you have any spare time at all?

maeistero

Originally Posted by petieaztec
I wish i still had it in my bed room i selpt like a rock when it was close by. But the bad part is when somthing sounded wrong I couldnt sleep so i would have to fix it.
me too. i have a relaxation fountain now that the gf hates. my big fishroom is directly below us in the basement, so i still get up all the time when i hear a filter or powerhead sound out.
and barch... :hilarious you couldn't imagine what i go through. dog, cat, lizard, 4 species of turtles (water & land) 2 fresh tanks, 4 salt tanks. probably some other stuff in spring once the 2 ponds are built, one indoor for next winter and one outdoor.