Who Has the Coolest Car!

crypt keeper

I'm what they call a heavy hitter. As far as wheelies, It helps a lot on the 1000. The busa doesnt care how much you weigh. I have it slammed and stretched about 4 inches over. I have always wanted to road race. Its a huge passion. I watch the races every week and or when they come on. Im a huge Ben Spies fan. I actually have the tail section signed on the 1000 by Mat Mladin Tommy hayden and Ben Spies last season when they all raced for suzuki. I got into drag racing because it was cheap and fun. I put 10,000 pointless miles on the 1000 and realized Im just beating on the bike killing the value. Once I get settled I plan on a 750 and racing a few times. The new honda CBR 1000RR is a badass bike man! That thing is sweet

tangman99

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3077062
I'm what they call a heavy hitter. As far as wheelies, It helps a lot on the 1000. The busa doesnt care how much you weigh. I have it slammed and stretched about 4 inches over. I have always wanted to road race. Its a huge passion. I watch the races every week and or when they come on. Im a huge Ben Spies fan. I actually have the tail section signed on the 1000 by Mat Mladin Tommy hayden and Ben Spies last season when they all raced for suzuki. I got into drag racing because it was cheap and fun. I put 10,000 pointless miles on the 1000 and realized Im just beating on the bike killing the value. Once I get settled I plan on a 750 and racing a few times. The new honda CBR 1000RR is a badass bike man! That thing is sweet

That is cool dude! Ben Spies is the man! I watch all The World Super Bike and MotoGP races. I still watch AMA even though DMG has just about made a joke out of it. I'm looking for Spies to move to MotoGP next year and race against my all time favorite racer Valentino Rossi. Wish I was at Laguna Seca this weekend.

crypt keeper

I believe he has a two year contract with yamaha wsbk. If he doesnt win the championship this season, haga is hurt right now after that horrible crash this past weekend, then I firmly believe he will come back to win it next year. He will do well in MOTO GP. Hell there are people in his paddock every race wanting him to sign up for Moto gp. Glad to see another bike guy on here.

reefforbrains

Here is my newest ride....
Cash in hand, Dug deep and took the plunge. Been thinking about it for years andf then just decided it was time. Dipped into savings......
Did I get the new Vette I have been staring at? Nope.....
Another Bike?...... Nope
Behold! In all of its splendor! My newest project!

reefforbrains

Yes, let the jokes begin.....But I am proud of it. I have made a rediculous amount of changes since that picture but I doubt anyone would notice. So this one works.

aw2x3

Nothing too special, but been working on this one since last year. Picked it up cheap. The previous owner was the second owner...originally bought, in Dec 84, by a little granny.
The previous owner yanked all electronics and carbed the engine.
When we got it, it had a 305 in it. I just replaced that with a 402, as I threw a rod in the 305.
Anywhoo...1985 Camaro, Z28 with 1995 Camaro wheels.

flpriest

here are a couple of mine... When the wife lets me drive them.

The Mustang is my sons and the Monte is my wifes. The rest are mine, at least half of each one...

socal57che

Originally Posted by flpriest
http:///forum/post/3078406
no, unfortunatly. It is however a numbers matching big block.

So is it a 402 with 396 badges, or does it have one of the leftover 396s?
I've seen them both ways. I'm not sure if there was any specific date for the changeover or if each assembly plant just used what was on hand at the time.
Very cool car. I had a '72 454 for a while.

flpriest

Originally Posted by socal57che
http:///forum/post/3078447
So is it a 402 with 396 badges, or does it have one of the leftover 396s?
I've seen them both ways. I'm not sure if there was any specific date for the changeover or if each assembly plant just used what was on hand at the time.
Very cool car. I had a '72 454 for a while.
Thank you, it's the 402 w/396 badges. the guy that owned it before me put a small cam in it and the 400th trans he put a shift kit in. He kind of set it up for a light to light car. 4/10 12 bolt posi. It's quick, but not real fast. Anything over 110 and your working her pretty hard. I took it up north from me to Oscoda when we first got it so that the wife and I could show her parents. On the freeway stretch of the trip up there it was about 2800 @ 65mph.
we took the two laners on the way back...

I had a 71 Malibue w/350 when I was a kid. I actually like the 71-72 style better. not much difference, other than the headlights/blinkers and the rear bumper/lights. IMO I like them on the 71/72 models better.

crypt keeper

Originally Posted by runn3rb3an
http:///forum/post/3077507
love the busa crypt, that thing is a monster
I liked the tail section, its custom right?

It has stock body work. I can use the power fully the way its set up right now. I will enter the highway around 30 in first gear snap the throttle and honest to god a second later Im at 90 bouncing off the rev limiter if I dont pay attention and dont hit second gear. Its by far the fastest thing I have ever owned and I plan on adding another 40 to 50 hp to it soon. Head cam package. That doesnt sound like much but its about the equivalent to adding about 200hp in a car. Can never have too much power