who has what skimmer in what tank?

rmahnick

Originally Posted by TX Reef
54 gallon corner..
Running an ETSS Reef Devil.....
you have ETSS Reef Devil skimmer,
I wonder about ETSS, I saw used ETSS Reef Skimmer at LFS for sale, look lik as new but I think about get one, problem is what is footprint in the sump? I haven't set up 30 gallon sump yet, I still figure what is best to set up, I think about SKimmer > Return < Refuge.
Do you put skimmer in the sump or external? need your opinion

tx reef

In sump....
If you want it external, you would have to drill the sump.
I have a 15 gallon sump and it fits fine in it. The footprint of the sump is 20" x 10". Not sure about the skimmer, I would have to measure it.....

cgrant

I have 210 w/40 long sump...running 2 - coralife ss220's until my wife gets over me spending 1200 on my lights and ~700 on my ca reactor setup.
So once i get out of the dungeon I am getting something along the lines of a das or etss? I am still under wife probation!

stanlalee

coralife 125 on 100gallon working perfectly adequate with 7 fish and small monthly water changes.

had a seclone 100 on my 30g and it kicked ass and took 2 seconds
to adjust and never
needed readjusting (air valve all the way open and that was it)

si12ius

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
coralife 125 on 100gallon working perfectly adequate with 7 fish and small monthly water changes.

had a seclone 100 on my 30g and it kicked ass and took 2 seconds
to adjust and never
needed readjusting (air valve all the way open and that was it)

do you have a schematic for that fugium you have? I have a 40 gallon long sump and have a 125 coralife super skimmer that I want to have set up like that

a sea k

Originally Posted by SCSInet
Did someone say *****? Let's start a thread bashing them!

sar·casm /&#712;s&#593;rkæz&#601;m/ [sahr-kaz-uhm] –noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
In other words, I'm not serious, please don't. Please.

I run a custom made Beckett on my FOWLR that's about a 75g and a RAM on my 55. Both suck. I'm researching skimmers for my 180g reef project though. I don't want to have to dedicate a large pump to it, so I'm thinking either Euro-Reef or Deltec recirculating.
SCSInet,
Have a look at the ATI bubblemaster 200 or 250. Very impressive and powered by small pumps, also in the price range you suggested.
I myself am using a Euro-Reef CS8-3 upgraded to the current ---250 specs on a 210 gal system

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Si12iuS
do you have a schematic for that fugium you have? I have a 40 gallon long sump and have a 125 coralife super skimmer that I want to have set up like that
I dont have a schematic but this pic should help. I know the skimmer section is 6" long but you'll probably want another inch worth of room to make sliding the pump out a little easier and if you ever plan on upgrading to an appropriate size Euroreef/Octupus/Deltec/AquaC EV120/Precision Marine Bullet 1 ect make the skimmer section several inches bigger, like 10" to be safe. The sump design couldn't be simpler, one baffle for the skimmer section and a high and low baffle before the return pump area.

indyws6

ETSS Reef Devil Deluxe on a 90 Gallon.
Tweaked the adjustment a couple of times after startup and break-in, but not since. Very happy with this unit.