Who here uses GARLIC?

jess

Who here uses garlic to right ride of ick? I have used it for about a year, and its amazing!!

treble

I havn't ever had a SW tank to use it on, but I have done alot of reserch, and that is the best way to help out when your feeding ick prone fish.

M

marley

How is it properly used. i heard you should soak the food in garlic before giving it to the fish.

nm reef

I have used it since a minor ick problem with my coral beauty about 8 months ago...now I use it once a week more or less to boost immune systems(and just in case the ick returns)...on Sunday evenings I take a portion of fresah garlic..soak it in tank water for about 30 minutes..pour water over food and add to the reef..no sign of ick since the first outbreak :cool:

treble

Good stuff, I didn't know how to do it before, thanks
[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: Treble ]

templar

I generally soak food in garlic juice once a week, and have cleaner shrimp, no ick problems as of yet. If it was a FO tank I would use a UV too but it is a reef.

fishfreek

I use kyolic liquid garlic on foods for about three weeks straight when i add a new fish to the main tank. After that i use it once a week it boost immune systems. Has worked great for me.

cruzan277

I use 2 drops Kent Garlic Extreme in the food before I give it to the little fishies. Mostly as a preventative measure and to boost their resistance against disease. So Far so good.
[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: Cruzan277 ]

OK when you say "fresh Garlic" do you mean a clove or chopped with that juice (in a jar)??
I think I'd preferr this to adding chem. treatments every other month.
Dan

nm reef

tomato clown......personally I use fresh clove garlic...I take a section...smash it...put it in a little tank water to soak for 30 minutes or so...then pour the water over the days menu...then add it to the tank...lots of people use different types of garlic...I use fresh cloves...... :cool:

devante

I'm trying this garlic thing right now, my lemon peel angel his ick. I personally take the juice from minced garlic in a jar and soak the food in it. I also dropped the SG to 1.009. It's only been about 4 days and I don't see any progress. I'll keep you posted. :confused:

Originally posted by Jess:
<STRONG>Who here uses garlic to right ride of ick? I have used it for about a year, and its amazing!!</STRONG>
why does garlic cure ick?

twoods71

You are wise and all knowing terry when it comes to disease and treatment of fish but I am confident that 2 times my fish had ich and both times the garlic soaked frozen food worked. I am not saying that there are not better treatments and am not suggesting that garlic will work for everyone I am merly stating a fact based on experience.

I use the chem. once every 2 months as prevention, I do like the fact that I can use something other than an expencive chemical as a preventative. So I'll be trying this alternative today.
Dan

saltwaterking31

ok i think i got it. send email to saltwaterking31@yahoo.com
I have a 75 gal reef tank and want to upgrade my filtration system from a fluvial 303 (canister)to a wet/dry system. will you please let me know what unit you recommend and include all the supplies I will need to run it. I.E., bio balls,pumps ect...If you could include the prices I would greatly appreciate it. thanks for your time.
Ken Brouhard
how do i post messages? :( http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/saltwaterking31/vwp?.dir=/my+tanks&.dnm=2.jpg&.src =ph&.view=t&.hires=t
:p
[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: saltwaterking31 ]
:D