Who is keeping Dwarfs

teresaq

I have been thinking about them lately.
I have a 5 gal hex and a 10 gal divided. I would prob start with the 5 gal.
I have some old live sand that I can clean up, and would use some dead rock rubble.
I have a very small filter that would work well also.
T

dive girl

I'm keeping dwarves. I have mine in a 12g aquapod that I made some adjustments on.
I love my dwarf seahorses. They are really fun to watch! It's also neat that you don't have to do anything special with the fry.
I set mine up with live rock (rubble) and sand but used panacur. I know that I can't keep many things in there now but it's my dwarf tank not my reef tank.
I also think that once you find your routine of hatching brine shrimp, it doesn't take much longer than feeding other tanks.

pete159

hatching brine shrimp may seem fun to some....but if you want dwarf ponys, just be prepared to do it daily..
i'd practice it before you buy dwarfs

teresaq

Oh I have practise in hatching them. I did it for my erectus fry.
I dont think I am getting them anytime soon though. Just thinking about it.
Thanks though - I think I would rather just keep my erectus and try my hand at fry again
TeresaQ

S

shrimpy brains

Oh my gosh! T, they are soooo cute!
I went to Roxanne's to get rotifers for my hopefully soon to be hatched clowns. I could'nt believe how tiny those dwarfs are!!
I guess I'm a little slow. I kept thinking "now I know why T said I can't keep them in my 65g".

Welcome to the boards, Roxanne. I know some of those babies are for me.

R

roxannej

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3118510
Oh my gosh! T, they are soooo cute!
I went to Roxanne's to get rotifers for my hopefully soon to be hatched clowns. I could'nt believe how tiny those dwarfs are!!
I guess I'm a little slow. I kept thinking "now I know why T said I can't keep them in my 65g".

Welcome to the boards, Roxanne. I know some of those babies are for me.

LOL, on the 65. Poor little babies would go in that big tank and you'd never see them again.
Yep, some of these dwarfs have your name on them, as long as you can get that pico tank.
How are the rotifers doing?