Who Is Tang ID Expert Here?????

engineer

Nice avatar, I thought mabe a blue spotted kole, but has some different traits than them. More of a lyre tail, no yellow around eyes, and no spots on body just face...........????????????

dogstar

Its a Ctenochaetus binotatus the Blue-Eye or Two-Spot Bristletooth Tang......IMO
This is mine at about 3 inches, hard fish to get a nice photo of what they really look like..Very simular workhorse like a Kole tang...

tx reef

Two spotted bristletooth tang.
I happen to have one. Great fish with lots of personality, but very camera shy.

jam1e

I had one in about chased my mated pair of diamond gobies out of the tank .. but I took him back to the lfs becuase he was messing with a lot of my fish ..

engineer

Originally Posted by diablo
please dont buy any fish without knowing what they are, or what specifications they require. not just you but everyone that reads this! it is a spotted bristletooth tang
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/photos_...oto=91&cat=503

Well I bought it not knowing EXACTLY what Genus species of TANG it was, but I am willing and more than capable of doing the research and providing what it needs to flurish, so IT IS OK!!!!!!! MYOB

engineer

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Its a Ctenochaetus binotatus the Blue-Eye or Two-Spot Bristletooth Tang......IMO
This is mine at about 3 inches, hard fish to get a nice photo of what they really look like..Very simular workhorse like a Kole tang...
How long have you had your blue eyed/two spot?