Who likes chili?

aarone

I just made some chili and i love it....especially when eaten with nothing but a saltine cracker (well more like a whole package)
Who likes chili....give your recipes
I add to taste so i dont know measurements...
Cumin
Masa (for thickening)
Dried onions
1/2 LB beef
One can ranch style beans
8oz tomato sauce
8oz water
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
Chili powder
green chiles

karajay

I don't like chili in the traditional sense. I found this recipe with no beans (beans=blech) and no chili powder.
Meaty Mushroom Chili
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 lb. ground beef
1 C. chopped onion
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can (46 oz.) V8 juice
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
I like this in the Crock Pot :yes:

D

daniel411

I like chilli... but am a wuss! I can't handle it if its to hot or spicy.

moraym

I make "Indiana chili", it's like most light chilis (meaning not thick) only it also has spaghetti noodles in it. Basically it's like spaghetti only with chili rather than sauce. Top with chili powder. It is incredible so long as the chili doesn't get too thick.

cindyski

i like any "basic" chili as long as it is not too hot and topped with chopped raw onions, shreaded cheddar and saltines, yummy:joy:

nm reef

Hmmm...my last batch was cooked with 4 lbs of diced Elk...and 2-3 lbs of fresh Hatch Green Chili.The rest of the ingrediants are my secret...but ya'all come on down to New Mexico anytime you're ready for some chili!!! Few things in life are better than homemade chili and a freash flour tortillia!!
I also make a wicked pot of stew...its a tradition to cook a pot when the first snow falls...also we have a super bowl party every year and cook a huge pot of stew for the guests. In my family its known as "Super Bowl Stew" the first few batchs are trial runs for the big game!!!
In addition I know a elderly hispanic lady here in town that makes the absolute best green and red salsas to be found anywhere...she brings me 2 quarts of each every three months...be careful though the red will require a call to the fire department!!!!!
...and tamales...another great food...I don't make them myself but there are sources for some truely great ones locally and I have family in Arizona that make the best I've ever eaten!!!!!
...then there is the local favorite freash green chili stuffed with cheese...chili reano(sic)....yummmmmmmmmmmmm
dang I'm hungry now!!!!!!!!!