who uses red sea 5 in one test kit?

sandman12

I just bought this red "Marine lab", it test pH,Alk,ammonia,nitrate,and nitite. Its hard to read and the nirite one doesnt work can i return it? Who else has this test kit do u like it? does urs work ok?

curtis12282

I have one, i shoplifted it from Pet co Warehouse. From what i can tell thus far its not a very good test kit(.:mad: P.:mad: O.:mad: S.:mad: ). I would return it and get one of the ones sugested by a vet of this board.:mad:

birdy

I tried those kits and I didn't like them either, right now I use sea test and fast test, they are okay, but when they run out I will be using salifert test's they seem to be the best hobby grade kit's out there.

curtis12282

I dont trust the quick dip strips. I cant recall the 2 brands right now, im not at home. I have a quick dip strip that just tests PH and i have a 4 in 1 that has PH, Trate, Trite and hardness. The problem i have found is the PH reading i get from just the PH strip is consistantly higher then then PH reading i get on the 4 in 1. So as soon as im out of these im gonna look into getting a better testing system.

C

cowbuoy

DO NOT SHOPLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DO YOU WANT TO GO TO JAIL?????????????
AND ANYWAY YOU DRIVE UP PRICES FOR THE REST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD HAVE THE GALL TO POST THAT!!!!!!!!

reefnut

I started with the Red Sea kits... I wasn't impressed.
Second the salifert kits. Some of the kits are color matching which is always kinda hard to read but all in all they are nice.
The calcium, mag & alk are really nice. They are color changing tests which makes it easy...

curtis12282

Originally posted by cowbuoy
DO NOT SHOPLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, technicly its not shoplifting. The warehouse i work at gets stuff in from all kinds of buisnessess redsea being one of them(then ship to *****. When we get a shipment, we always take one of the itmes outa (except software, and some other things) and my boss ueses it as a demo (a demo for what? i dont know) anywho, it ends up getting writen in as damaged and then trashed. so hell yeah i took it.