Whole Cockle in the Shell...???

squidd

Dinner "has" been served...:eek:
Pretty cool, when you consider how "hard" they are to open by "hand"....
And they don't have any "fingers"....:notsure:

I

irenicus

Squid, did the picasso open the cockle up?
Where would one pick up cockles... I think my picasso would like some.

squidd

Yep, he opened it up himself....
He "gnaws" at the shell chewing off the muscle/tendons" that hol it closed and "works his way in...
You can see his "teeth" marks on the "left" side of the shell..
I get them "frozen" in a bag from.....:thinking: ....Well, you know where I go....:yes:

nickfish

Is your picasso trigger agressive at all? I am thinking about getting one! Would you trust them w/a niger trigger, a snowflake eel, a blue head wrasse, a foxface, and some kind of lion?

julius

I know mine is a little tyrant he runs the tank,he shares it with a niger and a scorpionfish, if u get one get him small he should be alright.

j trigger

Originally posted by Squidd
I get them "frozen" in a bag from.....:thinking: ....Well, you know where I go....:yes:

Squidd, wait where did you get them from?
And would a picasso be alright with a blue spotted sharpnose puffer?
Thanks!

liontamer

Originally posted by nickfish
Is your picasso trigger agressive at all? I am thinking about getting one! Would you trust them w/a niger trigger, a snowflake eel, a blue head wrasse, a foxface, and some kind of lion?

Yer not putting all of those fish in yer 55 gallon, are u? Cuz if the answer is yes, then id get a reality check real soon.

squidd

As far as where I get them...I'm really not trying to keep it a "secret", but the "Rules of the Board" are No Links to competitors...
Irenicus knows cause he's kinda local and we talked about it before...
Let's just say, that I live very near one of the largest "0n-line" Warehouse Pet Supply Distributors, and get them local..So... if you were to look at on-line at distributors that sell Frozen fish feed, I know you will be able to find some...
Depending on where you live in the country, you should also be able to get your grocer to "special order" them if they don't stock them already for human consumption...
As far as the Triggers go...I have this Picasso and a Niger in the same tank along with a few other fish (including a Puffer)...Right now they're both small 5"-6" and haven't caused any trouble...
BUT..they're in a 210 gallon tank, have plenty of room and plenty to eat...and I have a back up plan/tank UP and RUNNING in case (if/when) I have any "trouble"...
When they're small they generally are pretty mellow...But have you guys ever "seen" a full grown Trigger...??
They get HUGE...Thick, strong and solid...and take up a good bit of room and have been "known" to develop an "attitude"..
.Know what your getting into, and be prepared to deal with "issues" as they arise, or pick another fish...:yes:

nickfish

Well, I will get the fish when small (no more than 2"-5") and then upgrade to about a 75-100 gallon. The foxface would be in my 29 reef until it outgrows it and would then be put in the big tank.

little

Let's just say, that I live very near one of the largest "0n-line" Warehouse Pet Supply Distributors, and get them local

Would you like to share that link with me because I am in WI and would love to know about it.
E-mail me:Lyont72@yahoo.com
Thanks
Little

squidd

Head North to "Rhinelander" and I think you'll find it...:D
Come on Guy's your asking me to break forum policy (or at least "bend" it )...and "That's" not cool...:nope:
Besides, I got morals (and, and, and ...she "told me" she was 18...):scared:

liontamer

Originally posted by nickfish
Well, I will get the fish when small (no more than 2"-5") and then upgrade to about a 75-100 gallon. The foxface would be in my 29 reef until it outgrows it and would then be put in the big tank.

You dont do things that way. Its not a good idea, cuz those fish will all still be too big for a 75-100 gallon. When triggers are full grown, they need at least a 6 foot long tank. The eel will be fine, a full grown foxface needs about 125 gallons, a bird wrasee...a 6 foot tank. Lion fish MIGHT be allright in a 100 gallon, but thats cutting it close. Just take my advice and get SMALL fish, like clowns and grammas and stuff like that. A 55 gallon is no good for an aggressive tank, unless you want like a fuzzy dwarf lion and two eels. But thats the limit. You can just say "oh, ill upgrade later", cus most of the time you wont, and at the rate yer going, you wont be keeping a fish alive for more than 2 months.