who's eating my mushroom?

bullitr

i move my mushroom thinking my colt is sting it but after months later all my mushroom is disappering? i had bristle worm hitchhike b4 do i have more? :mad:

promisetbg

Bristleworms do not eat mushrooms. In fact I know of nothing that is willing to eat a mushroom. What are the parameters of your tank? How much flow is in the area of the shrooms? What type of lighting do you have? Are there any euphyllias nearby?{torch,hammer,frogspawn..or possibly hydnophora..etc.} Something which might have long sweepers coming out at night?

tangs123

well, we need some information; what is the livestock in your tank, what is the other corals, what are your parameters, and what is your lighting (probably not a factor)

bullitr

steveweast have this problem b4. any way tank 225 g 4x3x30" lighthing 260 actinic and 400 mh
livestock
4 large colt coral
flower pot 6 months old and dying
2 large toadstool
star polyps
torch cora
button polyps
bt anemone aT LEAST 24" from it
clams
4tangs
1damsel
1 neon gobies
firefish
3 bg chromis
lawnmower blenny
serpant star
5 emerald crab
10 blue leg hermit
couple of snails
any way i might move all my mushroom to my soon to be seahorse tank.

bullitr

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Bristleworms do not eat mushrooms. In fact I know of nothing that is willing to eat a mushroom. What are the parameters of your tank? How much flow is in the area of the shrooms? What type of lighting do you have? Are there any euphyllias nearby?{torch,hammer,frogspawn..or possibly hydnophora..etc.} Something which might have long sweepers coming out at night?
my starfish eat most of my mushroom b4 and check steveweast tread about his problem with bristtle worm . and i had it near my torch b4 but mushroom continue to recess after few months since i move it.

speg

Originally Posted by promisetbg
There are more than one type of bristleworms.. and yes.. some bristleworms WILL eat mushrooms. I have personally witnessed it... although im not saying thats what this guys problem is...
What kind of mushrooms are they? Are they slowly going away.. or are they just completely missing one day or something?