Who's got tank pics?

fishgirl

Hey y'all some of you left out a website on your profile thingy that actually do have a website with pictures of your tanks. I'd like any and all users here to post the URLs to their own pictures of thier tanks. Don't ask why I posted this, I just like to get new ideas for my own tank, and the new one I'm planning. Plus, pictures save explinations when people have questions. I'm working on getting some good photos of my tanks to upload on the 'net. thanx in advance!

otto13

i am working on my first website which will be dedicated to my wife and my tank. PRIORITIES. as soon as i am done i will post it.

mr . salty

Hey, I went to your web site to see pics of your tank and was surprised to find none. I'd like to post pics of mine but dont have the resorces. STEVE
[This message has been edited by MR . SALTY (edited 06-17-2000).]

fishgirl

Mr. Salty,
I'm almost ready to publish a new website that is dedicated just to my tanks. The website I have the URL for here is just for advice. Thanks for your interest!
Fishgirl

dennish

Originally posted by Fishgirl:
Mr. Salty,
I'm almost ready to publish a new website that is dedicated just to my tanks. The website I have the URL for here is just for advice. Thanks for your interest!
Fishgirl

Hey FishGirl,
I've been meaning to mention to you that the link you have for Pic of the Month doesn't work. It is directed to a local file/directory on your home computer. I used to have this problem before I started using FrontPage 2000, so I was able to edit the URL a bit and find the page on the web server, but you might want to check it out. When you test it locally, it looks fine, but when someone tries it from the web, they get an error message. This is getting too long and technical for this forum, so if you have any questions, email me at the address listed on my website.
-Dennis

broomer5

Yes Steve,
My tank still
has the single 48" bulb, though I did replace this 1 bulb with a 40 watt 50/50 bulb I got from lfs. I need to get the VHO set-up soon, but my hobby budget is pretty thin right now. Do you think I am at risk of losing my 2 Bubble-Tip anemones due to crappy lighting ??

mr . salty

I was just impresed by how nice the tank looked,and how good the pics look. I've been to hundreds of sites that the pics don't look half as good as yours. STEVE

kmr

O.K. I finally decided to make a web site. I would like to feature my reef and two dogs and one cat. Does anyone have suggestions about what Mac software to use. The easier the better. One more?, is it better to use a digital camera or can I scan high quality photos?
Thanks
Kirk

ja

How do you guys take such wonderful pictures. I tried with my tank but they came out really bad. Thanks.

broomer5

Excellent question !
Took me several hours to figure that one out. Here's a suggestion I found worked the best for me. Get yourself a tripod !! Doesn't have to be the greatest thing Ansel Adams would use .... but go to KMart or anywhere and get one. Then, if your camera ( digital or regular film ) has a self timer, use it ! This insures that when the photo is taken ... there is very little if any movement of the camera. The fish are hard enough to catch not moving around, plus you have water moving around too. If you have a film camera you can focus .. even better. Focus on the subject. If you have like mine, an auto-focus .. watch out cause the camera will focus on the glass tank and not the subject you are aiming at.
These things worked for me pretty good. But I still have a way to go.
See ya
Broomer ( Brian )

salt one

your tank looks really good, i noticed you don't have much live rock and it still looks great, i have a 75 gallon fish tank with about 50 pounds and it really gave me some ideas on how to place the rock, thanks