who's put a dogface puffer in a 58g tank (or less)?!?

dperna

Who here has hosted a dogface puffer (or pork) in a 58 gallon tank?? I Know its not the proper enviornment and it will soon outgrow it but I have heard of alot of people doing it. lets hear some stories of how successful it was, how long it lasted, etc. !!! ***)

sharkboy13

dude, the only ppl that r dumb enough to put a non-toby puffer r lfs's and newbies (not saying newbies r dumb just naive) it will nevr be successful, the puffer will get stressed and die if its any larger than 3" in a week, maybe a week and a half? puffers need large tanks, 100 or more imo.

dperna

OK SHARKBOY13 I APPRECIATE YOU COMMENTING ON MY THREAD, BUT i wanted to hear stories of people who did it. I know its not recomended, all i wanted to know was people with this experience. isnt there a mod who has one in a 58 by the way?... ANYWAYS, not to be rude but you've said more then enough and I'm planning on getting a toby, i just was interested in hearing a failed/success story. thanks-

dperna

hm, guess no one has heard of this. strage though how i searched through the threads and saw comments saying that people had dogfaces in 55's or 58's. oh well, must not be a good idea if no ones even tried it

dperna

alright shark boy, you can reply next time your old enough to stay out past 10. k, thank. please never respond to any of my threads ever again, even though no one else really does..

texasmetal

Originally Posted by DPerna
hm, guess no one has heard of this. strage though how i searched through the threads and saw comments saying that people had dogfaces in 55's or 58's. oh well, must not be a good idea if no ones even tried it
I imagine plenty people have tried it, but won't own up to it, because it's not the proper husbandry for a fish that grows so large.

S

surfinusa

i have to admit when i was new i kept a 3 inch dogface in a 29 gallon for a few months but the heater malfuctioned and went to 95 and he died