whos says the sun isnt bright

murph145

lol ok well as the sun was setting this afternoon it shined in through the window next to the tank
it lit the aquarium up more than my MH's ever could!
isnt it crazy how something so far even when setting can still brighten up a tank so much heres a few pics u can see how the sun came in from the left and how it created such a brightness on what it hit
just thought id share ***)

murph145

thanks lion it was just wierd the pics dont show how bright it made the tank but even when the sun is setting its still brighter than my 250W DE's by far lol

27mtaylor

I've noticed the same thing with my tank. During the day when sunlight is spilling in through the window, you can't even tell that my VHO's are on. Its pretty wild.

M

moatdaddy

this is why a lot of people are addins sunlight from there roof to their tank and its replacing MH. They feel they still need PC light for before sunup and after sundown.

pyro

Looks great murph =), really nice tank.
Isn't sunlight right in prime algae spectrum though?

mr_bill

Originally Posted by Pyro
Looks great murph =), really nice tank.
Isn't sunlight right in prime algae spectrum though?
I agree, great looking tank and wow that is a huge clam. He is getting a broad spectrum of light with sunlight like that. Could be the reason for the cyano growing there on the closest to the window side.

corbin1234

i dont think anyones gonna agrue that the sun isnt bright, very nice tank, i would look into that cyno problem, could just be the new tank though, That is the coolest fish ever!!!! Does is just perch on that leather all day

murph145

thanks yeah i think its new tank syndrome as far as the cayno goes....
tanks been up and running for about 5 weeks now and all the sand was new so i think it will clear up all my water checks out fine and i got that diamond goby to clean the sand hes got half of it clean but doesnt go on that side yet
yeah my lion perches on everything that he can especially that leather