Whose From Illinois?

f1shman

in rhinelander wisconsin they're having a frag swap, where you can buy or trade frags with tons of people, 3 well known speakers, dinner, lunch, breakfest, and a tour of their new aquaculture facility. you should go, buy tickets online fast,

S

sonicboom1

do you think they will have cheap live rock to buy there?
I need like 30-40 pounds and cheapest around here is like $6 a pound

S

sonicboom1

where are you located at rich? I need about 30-40 pounds of it...thats cheapest if its close!

pco1988

Originally Posted by F1shMan
haha sweet, you going to the Dr. Foster frag swap thing?
Hey I might be going and it sounds like fun. I'm looking for new frags for my new 120. It's been up for about 2 months and has fish living in there for 6 out of the 8 weeks. I can't wait if I go me and my father are going to take the Beech up from Maryland. My father will be up in Wisconsin during Airventure in Oshkosh for that whole week. If you are interested in planes you might know N12711 "The Accidental Show Piece".

R

ros1

Here the way I look at things.
Air freight 100 pounds of Figi rock, you get 85 to 90 pounds the 2 boxes are about 6 pounds each. The pickup at the airport cost gas money say 10 dollars, air freight is about 70 dollars, gas money is about ten dollar for pickup and things from the pet shop. The salt for curing rock costs, the tank costs, powerhead cost, lighting cost, heater cost, and misc costs all add up. Even if you have some of this stuff it is about .80 cents a pound.
The smell alone of curing rock is bad.
Note if you decide to buy rock by the case remember the stuff in the bottom of the box, the tiny rubble, is worth the most so don't toss it. This is what a case of rock has that I don't.