Why do my Power Heads keep falling???

At least once a week I come home to find one of my power heads fallen. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!! They are mini-jets and stick to the tank via scution cups. Does this happen to anyone else, is there some trick to make them stay?????
Thanks,
NewBe

buzz

They will fall occasionally, mine do from time to time. Keep the surface of the suction cup clean, as well as the glass they are attached too.

stacyt

I kept getting frustrated with my powerheads falling all the time. Then 1 day I cleaned the glass, and suction cups, and they stayed in place much longer. Now when one falls I just clean everything, and stick it back in place.

slick

Mine have fallen also. I noticed once there was a film like substance on my suction cup. Once I cleaned it off it stuck much better.

wrassecal

those mini-jet suction cups are notorious for falling off. See if you lfs has some regular maxijet suction cups in his "junk" box or buy some. That's what I did. HTH

sammystingray

I haven't even put my suction cups on a powerhead in years.....waste of time, and when they fall over, they can do damage to the tank......I have done everything else...used rocks to hold them in place, used the power cord, DIYed some over the back holders that don't come right off.....suction cups really suck, or I mean they don't.....either way....they are god awful. I have some hook hanger things with a little lever.....seen these? It's a suction cup, but you push down a little lever and it jacks up the PSI......someone should come up withsomething like that for tanks....I can hang probably twenty pounds on these things, and they stick to everything pretty well......would stick to glass awesome.

melissa v.

Went to the local walmart and bought some xtra large suction cups and stuck them to the glass a year ago and they haven't even budged.
hope this helps you guys, you have given me so much help, it's nice to return the favor ever now and then.:D
Melissa v.

justchillin

my maxi jets use to fall off so i used that plastic clip that they come with and pinned the power cord against top off the tankthey haven't fallen since.