why does no one ever give me advice

cadbury

Just kidding, I know what you mean. I sent out 2 posts this morning, I got 55 some odd viewed and 3 responses??????

crazyelvis

Sometimes I think you need to do a search first... I ask questions sometimes that dont get answered ... I run a search and find that they have been answered 100 times over .... Sharks and others probibly get tired of answering the same questions...
Don't get a complex... lol
TOM

aj77

There have been comments posted regarding the difference between gathering and distilling information (research), and posting all your questions for quick answers. The danger with implementing quick answers to your questions is you miss out on the learning process. Plus, what works for one or two others may be inappropriate for you and your setup.
Do a few searches of the different forums for your questions. usually you'll see that most topics have been dealt with at length. People sometimes don't respond because they've anwered the same questions many times.
Hope this helps.
(PS - could you edit your sig line for spelling?)
;)

von_rahvin

also we all have different times of the day in which we are active, you have to remember that there are lots of people on this board who may not know as much as you. so those 55 viewed is just because they want to know the anwser to your question.
but many of the early beginning questions have been anwsered in full many times over. i am guilty as well but doing a search on past topics can be quite informative.

broomer5

Just a note to add to what good advise Ed and others have mentioned, but not directed specifically at your posts.
When creating the title to your post - give a little description.
If you just type "help me" or "I have a question" no one knows immediatly what your Q is, and it's tough for everyone to read ALL POSTS.
If on the other hand you create a title called
"help-question about live rock" or "Need suggestions on protein skimmers" or "Help-ICK on YellowTang" AND post it in the correct forum, chances are that those that KNOW will READ, and will generally get more attention.
Otherwise - lots of members - lots of posts, and many will go unread or answered.

beecher

Here's some advice:........Dont whine about not getting any advice. Unless you've caused problems in the past.....the advice will come.

nm reef

I just did a search and looked at several of your recent posts....seems to me that you have got some pretty sound advice....for example the thread below
<a href="https://www.saltwaterfish.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=012395" target="_blank">recent thread</a>
There is a lot I could add to that thread in particular...but bottom line is research the requirements of the creatures you desire to keep and then design your lighting/filtration to meet those specific requirements.
In response to "why no one helps"...well I can not speak for anybody except myself....and I do try to help answer any question that I feel comfortable responding to....I also have 3 systems that I like to spend time on...I work full time...I've got a family and friends....from time to time I play golf....also been known to play poker for hours at a time....but each and every day I check this bulliten board.....once in a while I will post a question and I practically always get some kind of response....and every day I read nearly all of the new posts and try to help where I can...... :cool: