why fimbies should be species only

olemiss

A friends tank cracked and he needed me to house his yellow tang until the LFS opened. The eel is about 2 ft and the tang was around 3-4 in. We put him in the fimbriateds 90 figuring it had a better shot in there than with the dragon. We were wrong.

crypt keeper

Yeah I could had told you that was gonna happen. LOL that is so awesome you got pictures. Sucks for the fish but its life. My Fimby would crush any fish i put with him. He was hard to get on frozen. He ate a coral beauty a flame angel and tried to attack a trigger.
Your probably should had fed the fimby a lot of food.

R

rcreations

How did you have the camera ready just as it was about to attack the tang? (1st pic)

olemiss

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/3188480
How did you have the camera ready just as it was about to attack the tang? (1st pic)
he already had it at that point, phone was in my pocket. We fed him 3 large silversides earlier in an attempt to curb his appetite. He had eaten fish before but never anything this big and he always caught them after lights out. He went after the tang immediately.

crypt keeper

When I fed mine you could see a bulge in his belly. Im talking like 10 silversides. My guy is a machine. Then he wouldnt eat for days. That tang is a Good $45 meal in my area.

95harley

Nice pic's. I had the same experience this weekend but on a much cheaper level.
I added 5-6 more Damsels to my DME's tank and tried to feed him 2-3 shrimp before hand and wait till the lights went out before I added them in. He still managed to get 1 but all the others survived and are doing well now along with the other 5-6 that were already in there.
Eel = Never too full