Why would Satan hate you?

aquaknight

Just finished watching Jim Jeffries Swear to God special. If you find yourself even the least bit religious, just avoid it. I'll always sort of straddled the fence, but I go through it. It's only the first part so maybe skip though it %%. It's funny and what not, and worth a watch, but it's offensive just for the sake of being offensive. The second half is legitimately funny stuff.
Anyways, he had brought up a semi-reasonable/valid point (I think).... Basically, if you believe in heaven/hell, that God/satan exist/are mortal enemies, and 'bad' people go to hell, why would satan hate these people? Especially scum of the earth people, serial killers/rapists/Hitler/etc... "Wouldn't these be satan's boys" to quote Jeffries. The dark, devilish stuff satan relishes in. Wouldn't he surround him with people like this? Not condemn them to eternal damnation?
Is there anything stated somewhere (bible/etc) why satan acts the way he does? Or is it just too irrational to try and put thought and reason with satan? Or is it just one of those 'have faith' things?
Perhaps this is just a stupid late night 5am post when I should be sleeping....

flower

I debate as to weather or not to even try and educate...you were talking about a silly show. However you opened up a can of worms. So here goes...this should get everyone going..
Modern Christianity does not match the Bible... The Satan is not G-ds enemy. He is there to test us. NOTHING can oppose G-d..he is all powerful.

Rabbis say it this way...
A teacher gives us tests, they want us to pass the test. G-d wants us to pass the test, he needs a Satan to accomplish that. The Satan herds us in the direction we should go.
The Satan could be anyone or anything..it is not a being with a red tail for example.
This teaching is so deep, and to go over everything that "new testament" teaches and redirect the wrong assumptions that Modern Christianity has twisted out of proportion would take a book itself.
The writers of the "new testament" were Jews...the twisted version of Christianity did not take place until Constantine took over at the council of Nisei (Spelling??), where he adopted pagan views and incorporated it into what is today MODERN Christianity. In the beginning...Jews and Christians were the same except Christians believed Messiah had come already, and that he is and was Yeshua (Jesus).
The teachings were exactly the same until that time. Modern
Christianity has twisted the words to mean different than the original writer intended. The words are the same, but not understanding Judaism changes the view of what is said to the reader.
Everything I just wrote about Constantine and the original church can be found in any library.
Study Judaism and the words of Paul and the other letters unfold for what was really being taught.
The ONLY scripture is the first 5 books...The Holy Writings are the Psalms and Prophets. Then you have the Kings Chronicles. The "new testament" are LETTERS and accounts that were written based on the original scriptures (first 5 books).

mantisman51

Flower is pretty much dead-on. Where I and others like me might part ways is the New Testament warnings that Satan "is a roaming lion, seeking whom he may devour". Also, the temptation of jesus in the wilderness presents Satan as an evil force out to kill and destroy. I have often wondered why the law and the prophets (Torah) mentioned him so little and we Christians have such a fascination (or fear) with him. As Flower said, Christianity was started by Jews, who were raised in Judaism.

mantisman51

That is good stuff. But there is a reference to a serpent that tried to get Eve to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. In Revelation it states that John saw: "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world..." But most mythology about Satan is from Constantine and up to the middle ages.

mantisman51

Maybe another thread topic, but why are the people we marry angels when we meet/marry them and "Satan" when we split up? I've been married to my high school sweetheart 21 years. She's put on some pounds-I helped make her that way by impregnating her. She can be crabby-but I know her inside and out and know she loves me. Anyway-another thread, I guess. I just don't get the divorce culture.

reefraff

I am not religious in the bible thumper kinda way. I look at it from the point of view that God created us out of love and we are his family. Satan is God's enemy and will try to hurt him through us.

darknes

Satan hates ALL humans, whether good or bad. Satan turned away from God because he hated that God put humans above the angels. So, satan's goal is to get as many humans to turn away from God through his deceitful ways as possible. Evil people are not his "boys", he hates them just as much as good people. He only wants to see as many humans suffer in hell as he can.
At least that's what I was taught

salt life

Originally Posted by Darknes
http:///forum/post/3085004
Satan hates ALL humans, whether good or bad. Satan turned away from God because he hated that God put humans above the angels. So, satan's goal is to get as many humans to turn away from God through his deceitful ways as possible. Evil people are not his "boys", he hates them just as much as good people. He only wants to see as many humans suffer in hell as he can.
At least that's what I was taught

who the hell taught oyu that? satan hate you satan wanan hate like what the deal? im a jew and he hates me cause im a jew like it dont bother me. let hte horned hater hate.

mantisman51

Yes, I read Job. And as I recall, it said God blessed Job with a brand new Dodge Ram and Chrysler 300 and said, "It is good".