Wierd clowns

dnraiders

hi everyone!!
so i noticed that my male percula clown has been dancing all around the female like as if hes has seizures! all day he has been under the elegance coral bitting and cleaning off an area the female tends to wander off then the clown will go over to her and start twitching arounng and then she will follow him back. then he goes to the hammer and does the same. then he does it in the back of the tank. ive had a tile in there for about 10 days but they dont notice it much. i would say they are aroud a year old. i know these are all signs that they are getiing ready to spawn. one of my questiond is arent they too young? and how long before they lay should i start to see the female getting fat? hope you like the pics. oh also the malesclowns black stripes are growing like crazy!!!!!

morval

ive heard that they can spawn at 1.5 years. and it sounds like mating behavior to me. just cuz u put a tile in there doesnt mean they will use it ( u can lead a horse to water.....)

hufflepuff17

Mine does this also. When the male twitches by the female he's showing his submission to her. He's pretty much saying, "your the boss and I love you." Lol. Also, I would think that they would both be nipping at the rock. This is pre-spawning behavior.

I've seen my male twitch around the female since I've gotten them. But, the past few days, she has twitched back....not nearly as much as the smaller male, but enough to notice. Any clues what that means? They have only been together about a month if that means anything. And they are both hosting the same bubble tip...although she kicks him out of bed and makes him sleep on the side up against it sometimes...LoL!!