Wierd Zoas....

rebelprettyboy

Post pics of ur wierd zoas. By wierd I mean like this...
Dnt look at the RDEs look at the PEs. One of the palys have a skirt growin around the mouth inside the other skirt... Its about 4 palys on there like that!

A

alexmir

i say frag that Y one in a month, and grow it seperately. If the buds off of it grow the same Y, make them 2nd generation rebel armageddons! haha

blazin2k6

Ok well here is like a Siamese twin paly. I didnt know you wanted us to post pics of weird palys. Thought you were just posting them of yours.
look near the center of the cinnamon colored palys

blazin2k6

Acan Lordhowensis , Not a maxima i dont think. I dunno what a maxima is or even seen one but i think that they are very big so i dunno. LOL.

A

alexmir

the siamese twin balzin is splittling, i have a few zoas splittling like this, one is splitting in 3 diff parts

blazin2k6

Yah SHOW A PIC. I showed a pic. Pictures SPEAK louder than WORDS

HAHAHAHA. But if you say so then i guess its splitting. Been like this for like a month now and its still looking the same. Its only 1 polyp though,1 stalk,2 heads. How will it split ? The tube is gonna split into half as well ? LOL. Would be wierd but ok i guess. I dunno.

flricordia

Unfortunatly the double skirt is not that rare at all. I have had many that will grow a double skirt.Probably not somethign you want to hear, but the way it is. Tenticles grow in pairs per single mesenterie. During the growth cycle of the zoanthid many younger incomplete mesenteries can develope tenticle pairs then when the mesenteries fully develope along the outer edges the tenticles will follow and that is why most all zoanthids have what appears to be to rows of tenticle, one on the far outside and one row just inside of that row. Zoanthids, like most all Ceriantharia are able (rather, can give the appearance) to 'deform' so to speak, while in the developmental stages of growth. At least that is what I understand to happen in the zoanthid.
Baahh, forget it. Awesome. Pics please.