wife almost hooked:-)

cvinsant

Hello,
belothsurf-
I actually already searched the archives and that is where I came up with this thread and the keyword moving. So I figured it someone it talking about moving, they might have already done this. Obviously I will need to search again.
ka0z4allu-
I just wanted to let you know that I didnt think that you were starting an argument, just noticed that I wasnt getting any answers and your original post ended up taking on a different direction. Things get kind of sticky on posts at times, and misread. I am definately hoping to find lots of information on this site. It seems this company has a lot of quality products to offer as well. anyway, thanks for replying and I will keep reading the boards. It looks like I am lucky here, my husband likes to spend money as much as I do and really loves the salt water tanks too.
sly-Thanks for the link, it will be a great help. I appreciate it.
:)
Debbie G-
What are zoos? I am really really new with salt water! :joy:
Thanks everyone, have a great day!!!

belothsurf

Hey Debbie,
Zoo's are places where people go to see different types of animals. There are bears, and monkeys, and elephants, and birds. I haven't been to the Bham zoo in forever. I remember throwing peanuts at the monkeys, and they would catch them........
I'm just KIDDING Debbie!
One thing I've learned is that people take SW veeerrrryy seriously. So do I, i just think that there is so much humor to be found in it, that sometimes I can't help myself. Of course, that is my perspective, and I respect other people's perspective also.....(most of the time....:D )
Zoo's are Zooanthids, a type of soft coral. They are very hardy, and do good in most established aquariums. They require minimal lighting compared to other types of corals. They need at least power compact flourescent lighting. That's about all I know about them. HTH:happyfish

cvinsant

Hi belothsurf,
I think zoos also have tigers, zebras and giraffes! LOL.
I saw that type of coral on this site, nice. I really like the mushroom coral though, looks like little petals when they start to spread out.
I think I am going to start out with a smaller tank to get used to SW and what needs to be done to care for it. Moving a large aquarium doesnt at all sound like fun, for myself or the poor litlte fishies.
Christina
P.S. I was positng a note to Debbie, this is Christina.:joy:

belothsurf

Hi Christina.....I see where I made my mistake......:D
Anyways, Mushrooms are a good coral to start with also. Also most types of leathers and star polyps are great to start with.
Mushrooms are especially good to start with, cause then you can eat them....and you see pretty colors...and funny shapes....and you call people different names....like Debbiiiieeeeee........hellllooooooooo.....
Uh....uh, anyway, hope that helps.....
:D :D :D

wwfstyle

My wife just got hooked a few weeks ago and she bought a lion fish for my 75gal reef set up. It was hard for me to try to explain why the guy couldn't go in there, BUT I did point out that we could also set up a fish only tank. Dont think she will be ready for another tank yet but I do got her in the right area (spending money:joy: )

debbie g

Hi Christina, I WAS going to answer your question, but belothsurf butted in as usual. (I'M ONLY KIDDING TOOOOOOO!!!) But he did answer it so...Anyway (don't you think that belothsurf shouldn't eat the mushrooms and THEN try to answer questions?)
Belothsurf, there are many places to get the help you need. Call me if you need to...all of us here at swf will be glad to do an intervention if it is so needed.
Christina, Get the tank now. If you may not move for years, why wait? Who knows what the future brings? Live it baby! After all, in a short time you could become a drug-addled scientist like belothsurf, and THEN WHAT?
Seriously, ask a lot of questions Christina. This forum can save you tons of money and frustration. Your LFS (local fish store) will very likely give you poor advice just to make money off of you. Come here and ask first then take all the opinions and advice, and see what fits your way of thinking. People here don't make money from you so they're only here to help for the love of the hobby. (Some are also here to harass you too....:mad: :D JUST KIDDING BELOTHSNARF!)
Good luck!
Debbie G

debbie g

Wow, I just realized that this was Ka0z4allu's thread...sheesh.
My apologies Ka0z4allu. :yes:
But yea, let your wife know that she can choose the fish, but you should be with her, cause you did all the research. Good Luck!
Debbie G

belothsurf

Originally posted by Debbie G
Hi Christina, I WAS going to answer your question, but belothsurf butted in as usual. (I'M ONLY KIDDING TOOOOOOO!!!) But he did answer it so...Anyway (don't you think that belothsurf shouldn't eat the mushrooms and THEN try to answer questions?)

Well....I.....I...uhhhh...huh? What was the question?....Oh yeah! Debbie....I represent your comments.....I mean resent.... :notsure:

belothsurf

Originally posted by Debbie G
Wow, I just realized that this was Ka0z4allu's thread...sheesh.
My apologies Ka0z4allu.

Uuuuuhhh HUH! Who's been sampling the mushrooms? Been sippin the sauce a little have we?
Debbie, how could I let that one go without a comment?:D :jumping:

belothsurf

Originally posted by Sly
/
||
||
||
I like your other one better.

I like this one too, almost the same as the other.

debbie g

I was getting impatient waiting for your retort! Touche! Belothsurf! I will quit the shrooms when you do. It's easier if we do it together. P.S. Did we lose Christina?
We do get a little punchy on here from time to time. Did anyone see the "secret hermit crab meeting"thread? Now THAT's punchy. But REALLY funny.

mmcheeto

Im just saying if i get married I will wear the pants, not let my wife

[hr]
me around especially when im making the money!

:D

Good luck with that. Im sure most of us told ourselfs that at one point.