Will a brittle star climb out of the tank?

alyssia

Last night I was looking at my tank w/ a flashlight and my very large, VERY freaky hairy brittle was at the very top of the tank hanging on a PH. Will they climb out? Cause I will have a heart attack if it does. :scared:

whitey_028

Originally Posted by alyssia
Last night I was looking at my tank w/ a flashlight and my very large, VERY freaky hairy brittle was at the very top of the tank hanging on a PH. Will they climb out? Cause I will have a heart attack if it does. :scared:
Usually when they hit the surface tension of the water line they curl back and never actually make it past the surface...

alyssia

Originally Posted by whitey_028
Usually when they hit the surface tension of the water line they curl back and never actually make it past the surface...

Oh, thank God. If I saw the giant spider like thing crawling across my floor it would be all over. Plus my cat would get it.

ophiura

Its never happened to me, and I have far more brittlestars than the average person would care to have :)

alyssia

Originally Posted by ophiura
Its never happened to me, and I have far more brittlestars than the average person would care to have :)

Hi, Ophi!!

I'm feeling more confident now that he won't climb out and try to attack me
He is just a little to spider like for me.

1knight164

Mine did the same when I first got it. Made it to the top, but then went back down. He finally ended up finding a comfortable cave and all I ever see are tenticles sticking out from the cracks and holes in the LR. Never see him leave the cave.