snowflake eel
3 mollys
or how about my 55?
4 damsels
2 big gobys (don't know what kind)
and a mantis shrimp
will they be ok in there?

jedininja

First of all, you have a mantis with other inhabitants?!!! Thats a HUGE risk you are taking. Mantis shrimp are pound of rpound one of the fiercest creatures in the ocean. They can and eventually will eat everything in your tank. Many people do keep mantis shrimp, but they are usually kept by themselves.
As for the cleaner shrimp in the 120, there is a chance that the puffer or eel may eat it. There are tons of cases where these more agressive fish will leave cleaner shrimp alone and will even let the shrimp clean parasites off of them. But that really depends on the temperment of the fish.
With the 55, I think that would be a great place for the cleaner shrimp if the mantis werent in there.

dugan

Agree... I wouldn't risk it in the aggressive tank... but would put it in the 55 if you can remove the mantis.
I think the mantis would be cool in a little 5 or 10 gallon all by himself.
Katie

bbronco

he just hangs out in the rock. and i feed him with a feeding stick!!! he does not bother any thing. it is pretty small. if i lose a fish then i will do somthing with him but until then he can stay!! he has ben in there for over 8 months.

125intx

My cleaner shrimp has been in with Trigers, eels, puffers and a lion fish for a year, he does a good job cleaning all the fish. I think they relise what he is and dont bother him.

dugan

Has anyone ever had a cleaner shrimp with a hawkfish?
Yes. 5 years ago. It was a very expensive lunch for the hawk. Where's the icon for kicking myself?!
Katie

dugan

Shine... is that your mantis?! Beautiful creature. They scare the he** out of me but they sure are something to look at!!
Katie

dugan

Originally posted by jedininja
Katie, is that pic of you running a marathon in your avatar?

That one actually was only a 5k. My marathon photos aren't very pretty, LOL!
Katie

jedininja

I dont think anyones are. My GF just got back from running the Honolulu marathon this last Sunday. I dont know how you guys do it. I dont even want to drive 26.2 miles!

dugan

Awesome!! I would LOVE to do that one... someday when finances allow. Did she love it? How come you didn't get to go?! :)
Katie

jedininja

She is part of the Lymphomia society, so she did some fundraising for the society and they paid for the trip. I couldnt afford to go, although I would of loved to. yeah, she loved it. It was her first marathon so she was pretty wiped out for the next few days.

shoregirl2

I have a longnose hawk fish, and he has been with my cleaner for over a month. I haven't had any problems with him so far, he always lets the cleaner clean him too, but I did see him (unfortunately) chomp down one of my peppermint shrimp. Now the other two I have hide most of the time. But the cleaner always stays out in the open. I did have the shrimp first and then the fish, so maybe that helped.

shine~on

Originally posted by Dugan
Shine... is that your mantis?! Beautiful creature. They scare the he** out of me but they sure are something to look at!!
Katie

Nooo way, I just found that pic on google ;)

tony detroit

Originally posted by Dugan
That one actually was only a 5k. My marathon photos aren't very pretty, LOL!
Katie

sometimes when I get a little crazy I run to the mailbox in my pajamas and slippers and then run straight back into the house.....dang it's cold out