Will a puffer eat a shrimp?

leeleeah

I have a hawiian "toby" puffer. I would like to get a peppermint shrimp. Does anyone know if the puffer will eat the shrimp?

leeleeah

Darn! I've read here that the peppermint is fun to watch and also great for clean up crew. Any ideas on clean up crew for 50 gallon tank? I really don't like hermits .... I have a FOWLR tank. I'm not sure what to put in there with puff.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by leeleeah
http:///forum/post/2469886
Darn! I've read here that the peppermint is fun to watch and also great for clean up crew. Any ideas on clean up crew for 50 gallon tank? I really don't like hermits .... I have a FOWLR tank. I'm not sure what to put in there with puff.
They feed off of most inverts and chew on the shells of inverts such as snails or crabs. There isn't really much that you can put in. Nassarus snails spend most of the time sifting through the sand. The puffer will not get them unless they come out. This is probably your best bet. You will just have to add more every once in awhile. You may want to take a look in the aggressive forum and see what people have had success adding.

leeleeah

Thank you so much. Not sure what was compatible with the puff, but I absolutely love him! He adds so much personality to the tank and he is very peaceful. I'll post in the compatibility section.
Thanks Again!