Will a Starfish be work in my tank?

ofalegend

Hey everyone. I have a question about putting a starfish in my 55 long. The reason I'm writing is there isn't a lot of substrate left unexposed with the live rock, so where would a starfish eat and "live"? I would imagine there's 4-5" of substrate left open along the front of the tank in front of the rockwork. What do you all think? I was hoping for a Red General star, but I don't want to put anything in that would be unhappy. :(

jakob4001

you might want to do a search on that particular starfish; I think some had said that they are not reef safe...some starfish do not reside in the subsrate, but mostly in the LR

bbreaux1

ive got a green brittle and it doesnt move away from the rocks it always keeps one leg on the rocks and reaches out for anything it wants

ofalegend

Ok, folks, thanks for the suggestions. I see Mr. Salty and others had problems with Red Generals eating corals. I checked for them on SWF.com and they said they were reef safe, that's why I just assumed....point taken, lesson learned. I will search for another beautiful yet compatible starfish. Any suggestions? :)