Will anenome eat coral?

stokedhawk

Will a green carpet anenome eat a mushroom coral? My anenome has moved into a position so that it is touching some mushroom corals. Anyone know?
Thanks

stokedhawk

just in the time it took me to post my question, the mushroom it was touching is now hiding under another one and can't tell it's condition (it's smaller, not sure if it shriveled up or just trying to protect itself)

stokedhawk

I think it is killing it. It is definitely shriveling up. I've got about 5 mushrooms on an outcrop of LR, but it is a big rock, should i try and move it or will my coral survive the stinging? HELP

sufunk

O think it will survive. I have a mushroom in the same situation. After moving my rocks a little, my carpet came right on a mushroom and it got hammered. It shriveled up and looked burnt all on 1 side. I thought the mushroom would move and i even tried to take it off but it held tight. Its still there, 5 weeks later, a little pale and dead looking on the anemone half but going strong. They seem to have called a truce :happyfish

T

thomas712

The mushroom may live it may even jump off the rock, they are pretty hardy, but it can lose too. Those are the risks we take, by having anemones. But it's not going to eat another coral that I know of.
Thomas

stokedhawk

Thanks for the info, how will I know if my coral does die? Will it shrivel up and fall off the rock? Here are couple pics of the situation.

reefiness

face a power head toward it from the top and it will begin to retreat back down, should take about a day

alyssia

I had an anemone sting my mushroom and it shriveled up pretty bad but it did pull through.

T

thomas712

Heck they are only mushrooms, you can cut the tops off and place them some where else. You may even find that they will regrow where you cut them.
Thomas

reefiness

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Heck they are only mushrooms, you can cut the tops off and place them some where else. You may even find that they will regrow where you cut them.
Thomas
yup youve got a point.