Will any O-Ring work for a CPR skimmer?

blitz99

I got a used CPR skimmer and it's missing one of the o-rings on one of the chamber intakes causing it to leak when i turn it on.. can i use any o-ring from Home Depot or will i need a specific ring designed for the skimmer? Also, i cannot seem to find a maxi jet basket with the air intake tube anywhere... is that a tough find?

1guydude

i would take urs with u..the o ring that is. I have a cpr, ur talking about where the water goes into the skimmer from the pump? If i was u i would order the acella upgrade pump. Itll come with everything u need!

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/385254/will-any-o-ring-work-for-a-cpr-skimmer#post_3377918
i would take urs with u..the o ring that is. I have a cpr, ur talking about where the water goes into the skimmer from the pump? If i was u i would order the acella upgrade pump. Itll come with everything u need!
+1
I am pleased with my upgrade to the acella. The pump is strong, reliable and doesn't mind abuse.
The CPR surface pre-skimmer box fits this pump, I do not believe it will fit the Maxi-Jet.

slice

A full set of replacement parts, including all the washers, o-rings, collection cup, etc is easily available. A quick google of "CPR BAK-PAK Replacement Parts" yielded a list of vendors. A full set of replacement washers goes for $3.99.
I'll PM you the link...