Will clown trigger get along with Picasso?

trigger_guy

I have a 125G FOWLR and want to get a 2-3 in. clown trigger. I currently have a 2-3in. Picasso trigger and about a 1-2 in. Niger trigger. I also have a powder blue tang (King of the tank), yellow tang, dog face puffer, 2 small false clown's, and small elibi angel. All my fish get along except the powder blue chases and terrorizes the niger trigger. He does alright because he usually dashes into the rock's and doesn't seemed to be bothered. Personally I think if I have any problems it will be with the powder blue and the clown trigger. My LFS seems to think my Picasso might terrorize a clown trigger, but I thought clown triggers are considered aggressive trigger's while picasso's are one of the least aggressive. Does anyone have or know if a picasso will get along with a similar sized clown trigger?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by trigger_guy
I have a 125G FOWLR and want to get a 2-3 in. clown trigger. I currently have a 2-3in. Picasso trigger and about a 1-2 in. Niger trigger. I also have a powder blue tang (King of the tank), yellow tang, dog face puffer, 2 small false clown's, and small elibi angel. All my fish get along except the powder blue chases and terrorizes the niger trigger. He does alright because he usually dashes into the rock's and doesn't seemed to be bothered. Personally I think if I have any problems it will be with the powder blue and the clown trigger. My LFS seems to think my Picasso might terrorize a clown trigger, but I thought clown triggers are considered aggressive trigger's while picasso's are one of the least aggressive. Does anyone have or know if a picasso will get along with a similar sized clown trigger?
I would agree with your lfs guy, and besides you don't have the bioload for another messy fish.

evanish

They may be ok for awhile but after time the clown trigger will get aggressive and become territorial of his space and will soon harm any other fish that are left in the tank,

crashbandicoot

the clown will attack the picaso in time . clown triggers become overly aggresive with age . Picasos will become aggresive too but no where near as bad as a clown ! either way your looking at a fight sooner or later

harlequinnut

The clown trigger will definately make short work of you picasso once it's had time to adjust. Given time, a clown will terrorize all the fish you have in your tank right now.

kjr_trig

If you had a larger tank, I think this would work out fine (say 300 gallons)....IMO you are maxed out...In one sence your LFS is right, whichever trigger is the first addition is likely going to remain the dominant fish, at least for a while. The Clown gets more nasty with age, combine that with the fact we would eventually be the biggest fish and you risk big problems. You might consider a new home for the False Clowns, they may be a nice snack when the puffer gets bigger.

trigger_guy

How fast do they grow? Right now he is 2 inches. Am I going to have to get rid of him in a couple of months or will it be more than a year?

mess88

I Tried A Picasso With A Clown And The Clown Got His Ass Kick Bad . It Was The Picasso Tank First . My Clown Is All By Himself Now(one Mean Fish)not Sure If I Can Ever Put A Fish With The Clown Now.

trigger_guy

Well I did it anyway. I got the clown and he is doing great in my tank. The Picasso and Niger haven't messed with him one bit. And I was really surprised that my Powder blue tang left him alone also. So far everyone is getting along and there haven't beeen any quarrels while feeding them either.

ocellaris_keeper

the clown is a gorgeous fish...it's also the nastiest fish on the planet - including damels.
You might as well figure out which fish you want to return to the store or give to someone because those things are bread to roam a very large area on a reef with an attitude and they don't like anyone in their space for long and since you've got it captive it'll be the only thing in the tank soon eough.