Will gorilla super glue work?

A

alexmir

Their regular superglue might work, but i know its more expensive. I use the cheapest glue gel and it alsways works great

reefkprz

gorilla super glue has a rubberization compound, to make it more impact resistant, in it that I am not sure is reef safe. I havent used it and cant say one way or the other. I have seen it and not bought it due to the compounds in it. I myself wont risk it.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by RocketJockey
http:///forum/post/2884653
It says it contains CYANOACRYLATE.
Does That mean anything?
not really other than it is a cyanoacrylate based glue,
its the unknown rubberization compounds that worry me. lots of plastics and rubbers compopunds leach toxins while curing, cyanoacrylate by itself is non toxic to your reef, but the compounds could be a silicone derivative and leach acetic acid or something like that so you would have to wait for a full cure (24hours) before reintroducing whatever you glued to your tank. obviously when fragging thats not an option.

jackri

From what I've heard DO NOT use gorilla glue, yes it has the right compound, but it also has other chemicals in there that aren't reef safe. I'm 95% sure of this... but would you risk a complete reef teardown over risking using gorilla glue versus $1.00 super glue from the dollar store?
Use the sure thing, risks in reefing can be costly and I'm 95% sure it can cause harm... haven't tested it myself and wouldn't try either though.