Will I be able to keep anemones with the Nova Extreme..

vpotts28

Will I be able to keep anemones with the Nova Extreme T5 in its current form in a 55g? Without the individual reflectors? I know the Nova is getting ready to come out with the individual reflectors, but I am getting impatient. TIA

flinka

Don't know the answer to your anemone question but I spoke with Current USA today and they said the expected date for release of the T5 lights with individual reflectors is October or November.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by flinka
Don't know the answer to your anemone question but I spoke with Current USA today and they said the expected date for release of the T5 lights with individual reflectors is October or November.
I don't want to wait that long

jlem

A 55 gallon is pretty shallow so anything other than Normal Output bulbs( 40Watt) should do okay.

ibew

if you have a 55 long then I would say yes I have a crocea clam 4 inches off the sand bend on a rock that it attached to for 3 months now and still looks awsome and growing so If that can live and thrive I would have to say yes to the anemone
also I have the nova extreme 4-54watt

ibew

but if you can wait for the new one coming out then I would it will be awsome since there is going to individual reflectors.

vpotts28

Originally Posted by Ibew
but if you can wait for the new one coming out then I would it will be awsome since there is going to individual reflectors.
Flinka the second poster on this thread said that they will not be out until Oct/Nov

flinka

I also am in the process of researching T5s for a new 75G reef tank I will be setting up. A lot of what I have read says that we should go with individual reflectors. I also read that Current was planning on changing their T5 lighting to individual reflectors. Since I like their products, I called their Customer Service this afternoon to get a time-frame for the new lights. I was told the latest information was October/November time-frame and that pricing had not been determined. So, I am in the same position - do I wait, go with another brand or go with the existing Current T5s?
I also have another question posted here related to T5s
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/273916/75g-lighting-configuration-question
if anyone can give me some input.
Thanks.