WILL LONGNOSE HAWKFISH EAT YOUR CRABS & SNAILS?

i am here

I am considering purchasing a longnose hawkfish. My question is do they eat your crabs and snails? I have been told they don't, but will eat any shrimp you have, and I have been told they will eat all three. Any experiences with these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

saltn00b

i have had my longnose hawk for about a year. i also have 1 cleaner shrimp and 2 peppermint shrimp. and he doesnt bother them, most likely because they are too big. when i first added the peppermints, there were 3, and i made the fatal mistakes of a) not feeding the tank before introducing new tankmates and b) not shutting the lights off. the third, and smallest peppermint shrimp was grabbed by the longnose before it ever touched ground. the other two are a happy mated pair, many months later.

dischirm

I have a spotted hawk and he is constantly grabbing hermits legs and shaking them right out of their shells and then, of course, killing them. I have to buy about 10 hermits a week to replace the old he kills. Beware the hawkfish! :happyfish