Will make DIY sump, refugium, overflow box out of Clear Cast Acrylite

fishyfrenzy

To Jessica : I'm not doing overflows anymore.
I will provide pics after they are constructed.
GBFAN : Owensboro, Kentucky.

fishyfrenzy

No, It's supposed to tell people what I did. I really don't realize why everyone is overreacting about something so small. I didn't read the rules, and therefore I'm out of the contest...

michael1972

can you make me some of thees that i can glue on to the back glass of my tank for my holes i drilled in to the back of my tank no u tube needed i will plum it threw a bulkhead and use the box to make sure there is no fish that gets sucked up in to it i sent you the mesurments
if you dont want to glue it to gether you can just cut the front x 2 and the sides x 4 and dont cut any slotzzz in the bottoms i will glue them to gether thank you so much pm me about the sump.

fishyfrenzy

I may be able to do that. Does it have to have that loop that goes off the tank to hold it in place, or do I just have to make a box?

michael1972

Sorry i did it in Microsoft paint let me know if it helps you don’t have to glue it you can probably send in a large envelop.
oo ya can you make it with the thicker Plexiglas or acrylic like a .25 thickness don’t for get there will be 2 front pieces and 2 bottom pieces and 4 sides and NO backs I am gluing it to the back of the tank
Thank you
Mike

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1972
Sorry i did it in Microsoft paint let me know if it helps you don’t have to glue it you can probably send in a large envelop.
oo ya can you make it with the thicker Plexiglas or acrylic like a .25 thickness don’t for get there will be 2 front pieces and 2 bottom pieces and 4 sides and NO backs I am gluing it to the back of the tank
Thank you
Mike
I will be able to make that, easily.

fishyfrenzy

Well, I have already offended two people on my price quotes...so...what are you looking into paying for everything, not including shipping?

tsdid

What do you use to glue the acrylic togather, I was interested in doing some diy stuff form myself and i need to know the process

ledzep fan

Could you make me a HOB refuge? i will get dimensions later...how much are you charging? It will probably be around 10'' long, 4'' wide, and lets say about 12'' tall. Could you make two little chambers in the corners for pumps pushing water in and out? LMK

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by tsdid
What do you use to glue the acrylic togather, I was interested in doing some diy stuff form myself and i need to know the process
Well, I use weld on #3, or weld on #16, or usually just #3, and to waterproof things, add #16.

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Could you make me a HOB refuge? i will get dimensions later...how much are you charging? It will probably be around 10'' long, 4'' wide, and lets say about 12'' tall. Could you make two little chambers in the corners for pumps pushing water in and out? LMK
Why, yes, I could. Mind asking what you want to do with it? Marcoalgae, pods, denitrification, mangroves? Is it going to have a deep sand bed? What size tank will this be on?